Navigation

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Dreamforce Recap

Dreamforce 2017 was a blast.

Firstly, in spirit of Thanksgiving, I'd like to say thanks.

Thank You!

THANK YOU to the team at Salesforce for giving me the opportunity to speak again this year. THANK YOU MikeGillian, and Josh for your guidance during the event (on top of your other duties). Speaking at Dreamforce this year was challenging and fun. THANK YOU to my co-presenters, Jen and Norman for being kickass and inspiring. THANK YOU to attendees for your participation during our sessions. THANK YOU to my blog visitors for joining me today.

Now that everyone has been thanked, let's get to the recap.

My Sessions

This year, I had two presentations. You can watch these online:


The presentations went well, and were a great way to kick off the conference.

The Community

The best part about Dreamforce is meeting up with my friends and heroes in the community. I tried to squeeze in as many face-to-face meet-ups as possible, but four days is just not enough time to see everyone and attend everything at Dreamforce. I won't post all the photos here, but I tweeted most of my Dreamforce pictures. I loved attending the Appirio Reunion, 10K Party, Dreamfest concert, and Michael/ DOMO Cigar Party. The lunches and dinners that I went to between other gatherings were incredible. I loved seeing my friends at the 7Summits booth and making new friends with colleagues at the TCS cafe. Moving across the country has been a little hard for me. I don't fit in with the people in the SF Bay Area (yet?) but seeing my friends, colleagues, former colleagues, managers, and former managers in the Salesforce community was refreshing, inspiring, and uplifting. I'm so thankful for my #ohana.

Apart from being a source of encouragement, the Salesforce community has played such a significant role in my career and in the careers of my mentors, that we focus on it at the end of our Admin to Architect presentation. If you haven't attended a Salesforce conference or user group meetup yet, don't delay. Attend and make connections with others in this field. You'll make friends, grow your professional network, AND learn.

My Favorite Session

I think I died during the Meet the Developers session, which is a session that CTO Steven Tamm runs with lead architects to answer our questions about the platform roadmap... This was my favorite session because SOQL Christmas was announced --


Bad news: the session was either not recorded, or has not been posted yet. I'm not sure what else was promised because I blacked out after hearing the news about polymorphism.

My Favorite Keynotes, Other Sessions

Admin Keynote
Developer Keynote
Trailhead Keynote
Marc's Opening Keynote
True to the Core with Parker Harris (delivered and roadmap)

Several sessions have been posted online, both on Dreamforce site (scroll wayyyyy down to see different keynotes like Sales Cloud Keynote, Service Cloud Keynote, Marketing Cloud Keynote, etc.) and Salesforce Live (again, scroll down to the very low bottom of the page and expand the schedule to click on session titles).

Some friendlier session navigating is available for sessions posted on the Salesforce Developers Youtube account.

Taylor Swift

Yes, I'm putting a Taylor Swift subsection in my Dreamforce recap.

Taylor Swift's new album, Reputation, was released at the end of the fourth day of Dreamforce, Friday morning at midnight. It is sooooo good. Currently, my favorite song is either Delicate or Call It What You Want. This album will forever be the soundtrack to my 2017 Dreamforce memories. I love her. Maybe sometimes, I love her too much...

On that note, I'm convinced Adam totally won the Lip Sync Battle because he sang a Taylor Swift song. She is queen. (Also, he slayed at Tay and I hope this becomes a thing for next year!)

Final Thoughts

I'm so happy to have been able to attend Dreamforce as a speaker this year. Though there were no major product announcements at this year's Dreamforce, that won't stop me from dreaming about Polymorphism and Taylor's Reputation tour, which is lumped into my thoughts about Dreamforce.

Until next year!




13 comments:

  1. Great blog! Really awesome I got more information from this blog. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Salesforce Developer 401 Training in Chennai

    Salesforce Developer 501 Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was facing problems, I read your articles. Luckily, they helped me so much. Since then, I have read your posts. I wait for new articles. They have lots of knowledge and tips. I hope you can upload more posts. Thank you very much.sales pop master free, sales pop master, https://autoketing.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have variety opporunities in salesforce technique kindly visit our website salesforce training in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. food games
    basketball free game
    soccer free online

    Wednesday, November 29, 2017
    Dreamforce Recap
    Dreamforce 2017 was a blast.



    My Favorite Keynotes, Other Sessions
    Admin Keynote
    Developer Keynote
    Trailhead Keynote
    Marc's Opening Keynote
    True to the Core with Parker Harris (delivered and roadmap)

    Several sessions have been posted online, both on Dreamforce site (scroll wayyyyy down to see different keynotes like Sales Cloud Keynote, Service Cloud Keynote, Marketing Cloud Keynote, etc.) and Salesforce Live (again, scroll down to the very low bottom of the page and expand the schedule to click on session titles).

    Some friendlier session navigating is available for sessions posted on the Salesforce Developers Youtube account.

    Taylor Swift
    Yes, I'm putting a Taylor Swift subsection in my Dreamforce recap.

    Taylor Swift's new album, Reputation, was released at the end of the fourth day of Dreamforce, Friday morning at midnight. It is sooooo good. Currently, my favorite song is either Delicate or Call It What You Want. This album will forever be the soundtrack to my 2017 Dreamforce memories. I love her. Maybe sometimes, I love her too much...

    On that note, I'm convinced Adam totally won the Lip Sync Battle because he sang a Taylor Swift song. She is queen. (Also, he slayed at Tay and I hope this becomes a thing for next year!)

    Final Thoughts
    I'm so happy to have been able to attend Dreamforce as a speaker this year. Though there were no major product announcements at this year's Dreamforce, that won't stop me from dreaming about Polymorphism and Taylor's Reputation tour, which is lumped into my thoughts about Dreamforce.

    Until next year!





    Posted by Shannon Howe at 9:22 AM
    Email This
    BlogThis!
    Share to Twitter
    Share to Facebook
    Share to Pinterest
    Labels: admin, architect, best practice, community, deployment, df17, dreamforce, ohana, polymorphism, recap, salesforce, soql, taylor swift, undo button
    12 comments:

    Vicky RamSeptember 22, 2018 at 3:00 AM
    Great blog! Really awesome I got more information from this blog. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Salesforce Developer 401 Training in Chennai

    Salesforce Developer 501 Training in Chennai

    Reply

    Huong Mai.VstarNovember 7, 2018 at 8:40 PM
    When I was facing problems, I read your articles. Luckily, they helped me so much. Since then, I have read your posts. I wait for new articles. They have lots of knowledge and tips. I hope you can upload more posts. Thank you very much.sales pop master free, sales pop master, https://autoketing.com

    Reply

    narayana pNovember 17, 2018 at 1:16 AM
    It's so nice article thank you for sharing a valuable content. google cloud online course

    Reply

    akhilapriya404November 18, 2018 at 10:39 PM
    This concept is a good way to enhance the knowledge.thanks for sharing. please keep it up salesforce Online Training

    Reply

    Huong Mai.VstarNovember 28, 2018 at 12:47 AM
    I have a fondness for your post. I think that you are very smart and knowledgeable. Your articles contain so much insight and information. They help me when I need to solve problems. Thank you for sharing what you know.gogy free games ,abcya3 game online ,motox3m3 game online

    Reply


    ReplyDelete

  5. food games free
    basketball free game
    soccer games free
    I have a fondness for your post. I think that you are very smart and knowledgeable. Your articles contain so much insight and information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks.
    miniclip games for free, a10 free, Jogo para menino

    ReplyDelete
  7. the article post.Thanks Again. Really Great.Enjoyed every bit of one's report post.Really looking forward to read more. Really Cool.Major t
    miniclip jogos free, play free a10 game, Jogo online

    ReplyDelete
  8. friv 4 game
    2player games for kids
    io jogos for kids
    Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have

    ReplyDelete
  9. Address validation API allows a merchant to integrate address validation functionality, of a carrier, into a web or non-web based platform. When a buyer places an order and enters a delivery address, that address will be compared to the available addresses on a carrier’s database.
    free game 2019
    jogos friv 4 school 2019
    jogos 360 online

    ReplyDelete

  10. Kylie & Kendall Sisters Break Up games
    A Basketball Game games free online
    Ben 10 Alien Hockey games 2019
    I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete